How to backup LFS to Bootable CD

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Wed Nov 19 12:07:34 PST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, lanas wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:38:44 +0000
> Richard A Downing FBCS <geek109 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:58:14 +0700
> > Antony Chang <yungchen at indosat.net.id> wrote:
> ><snip>

> > Can I ask you to check the website for hints (and the FAQ) before
> > asking here?
> >
> > You would have found:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/boot-cd_easy.txt
> >
> > and, of course, BLFS has instructions for a rescue floppy too.
>
> I once read all these hints on making bootable CDs.  They seemed quite
> complicated now that I've spent some time studying how to make a
> bootable CD and figured it out by myself. It's so easy that 10 lines
> could be all that's needed.  Not three or more pages !

Well, then I don't understand why you must ask the question you have
asked? The hint is *not* a script, but imparts knowledge. If you have
reviewed them all and distilled the aggregate knowledge down to 10 lines
of useful stuff, please contribute your expertise and write a hint for
someone else.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbillATwlmcsDOTcom