How to backup LFS to Bootable CD

Richard A Downing FBCS geek109 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 11:48:18 PST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:27:39 +0100
lanas at t-online.de (lanas) wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:38:44 +0000
> Richard A Downing FBCS <geek109 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:58:14 +0700
> > Antony Chang <yungchen at indosat.net.id> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, How can I backup LFS to a bootable CD ? so if I screwed
> > > up my system, I could just restore them back to a
> > > partition.
> > >

> > Anthony,
> >
> > Can I ask you to check the website for hints (and the FAQ)
> > before asking here?
> >
> > You would have found:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/boot-cd_easy.txt
> >
> > and, of course, BLFS has instructions for a rescue floppy
> > too.
>
> I once read all these hints on making bootable CDs.  They
> seemed quite complicated now that I've spent some time studying
> how to make a bootable CD and figured it out by myself. It's so
> easy that 10 lines could be all that's needed.  Not three or
> more pages !
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alain

What 10 lines are those then?

We start with a new LFS build, nothing extra.

First we need to install the CDwriting packages, and probably
modify the kernel to allow writing th CDRs.

Then build an ISO image and then write it to CD.

I'd like to see all that in 10 lines.

(Long complicated lines full of && are NOT allowed!)

--
Cheers, Richard

Richard A Downing FBCS

Anyone  sending  unwanted  advertising   e-mail
to this address will be charged $25 for network
traffic and computing time.   By  extracting my
address from  this  message or its  header, you
agree to these terms.