Binutils - Pass 2

Darío Bravo darbravo at republica.com.ar
Wed Nov 19 04:20:11 PST 2003

Hello to everyone! I had a problem with the 'make check' command for the
second stage of binutils install. The command presented something like:

./test-demangle <
../../../binutils-2.14/libiberty/testsuite/demangle-expected
./test-demangle: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required
by ./test-demangle)
make[3]: *** [check-cplus-dem] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/mnt/lfs/packages/binutils-build/libiberty/testsuite'
make[2]: *** [check-subdir] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/packages/binutils-build/libiberty'
make[1]: *** [check-libiberty] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/packages/binutils-build'
make: *** [check] Error 2

And in a previous message from the LFS Support mailing list, I confirmed
what I was suspecting: the second line should be pointing to
/tools/lib/libc.so.6 instead of /lib/libc.so.6
What I did was a re-installation of Glibc and it worked just fine. But,
I think that making just the part under the title of "Locking in Glibc"
would be enough. What this menas was that the files was linking to the
libraries on the host system instead of the fresh installed ones.
If somebody have an error like this one, try first to do the "Locking in
Glibc", because if this is it, you will save a lot of time.

goodbye and, please, forgive my bad english!

--

Darío Bravo