I forgot to keep BINUTILS second stage

llista llista at ya.com
Tue Nov 18 14:31:23 PST 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Hi weasel. You said the following on 11/18/03 02:40:
>
>> Jeroen Coumans wrote:

>>> When in doubt - restart from the beginning with a clean partition.
>>> From a practical point of view, in my experience, this is almost
>>> always faster then trying to figure out where you made the error.
>>> And from an educational point of view, you learn from making
>>> mistakes. So consider yourself lucky! (but always consult the FAQ in
>>> case of problems :-) )
>>> Have fun,
>>>

>> restarting doesnt teach you anything expect how to follow the book
>> like a zombie.  Even though you can zip through it, and basicly copy
>> and paste all the commands, it is still intended to be a guide and
>> not a howto.  Try and fix or work with your mistakes teaches the
>> proper way of doing things.  If you learn to correct you mistakes,
>> soon you will be able to replace virtually any part of your system,
>> with out ever having to start all over again.
>>
>> When you have 'screwed' something up in most cases it can be fixed
>> and is generally not as hard as it seems.  It only seems difficult
>> because you have never done it before.
>

> Of course, but you need to have experience and some groundwork
> already. There's a difference in "following the book", which you
> suggest, and "reading the book", which I suggest. And, if someone
> isn't capable of debugging this it's better to restart so you're sure
> you have a good system. This applies to most first-time LFS'ers, and
> plenty of other people too. Let's be honest: the new build method is
> anything _but_ simple and causes trouble even for long-time LFS'ers.
> There's never any harm in re-reading the book; it will also show you
> information you didn't understand previously, or maybe just forgot,
> and is thus a very educational experience. Note that I suggest
> *reading*, not following the book.

Thaks a lot for your informtaion..

as you says, my knowledment in my fisrt installation is so far from
yours, and there ara a lot of things that It ry to understand READING
the book. But I think I'm gonna make a new full installation tring to
understand better what i'm doing.

I wish i could solve all my problems just findind and fixing them..  ;-)

Because of i'm going to install everithing again...  What about to
install LINUX VECTOR 4 as a main system??
I've just get it and I think it's a good moment yo test it...

It won't be a problem, will it?¿??