I forgot to keep BINUTILS second stage

weasel weasel at beyondnormal.org
Mon Nov 17 17:40:31 PST 2003

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Hi llista. You said the following on 11/18/03 18:52:
>
>> I have to reinstall everithig<????
>>
>> Can I rescue anything?¿?  so.. where I must re start my compilation
>> from¿?¿??
>

> When in doubt - restart from the beginning with a clean partition. From
> a practical point of view, in my experience, this is almost always
> faster then trying to figure out where you made the error. And from an
> educational point of view, you learn from making mistakes. So consider
> yourself lucky! (but always consult the FAQ in case of problems :-) )
> Have fun,

restarting doesnt teach you anything expect how to follow the book like
a zombie.  Even though you can zip through it, and basicly copy and
paste all the commands, it is still intended to be a guide and not a
howto.  Try and fix or work with your mistakes teaches the proper way of
doing things.  If you learn to correct you mistakes, soon you will be
able to replace virtually any part of your system, with out ever having
to start all over again.

When you have 'screwed' something up in most cases it can be fixed and
is generally not as hard as it seems.  It only seems difficult because
you have never done it before.