LFS without devel packages.

Shane Shields locutus at all.at
Tue Nov 18 07:14:54 PST 2003

"Paul Campbell" <paul at multimedia-campbell.com> wrote in message
news:bpdc7l$176$2 at belgarath.linuxfromscratch.org...
> I have pondered for a while on how best to build an LFS without the devel
> stuff.  I can see two methods.
>
> 1.  Build the LFS as normal, then strip symbols, static libs, includes,
gcc,
> groff, make, auto{conf,make} and so on and so forth.
>
> 2.  Build the LFS as normal, then use it to build a new kernel, bash,
glibc
> and so on.  Just not build gcc etc.  Then remove the glibc and any
includes
> installed.
>
> I suppose there might be other methods too.  My main use for such a system
> would be boot CDs and custom systems for mailservers and firewalls etc.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

3. Build LFS under an rpm or similar package managment system and seperate
each package into binary and developement modules. Then you can install as
much or little as you like.
--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged a
$25 fee for network traffic and computing time.  By extracting my address
from this message, its header, or any web site showing my email address
either in literal or aggregate form, you agree to these terms.