LFS without devel packages.

Paul Campbell paul at multimedia-campbell.com
Tue Nov 18 07:00:12 PST 2003

I have pondered for a while on how best to build an LFS without the devel
stuff.  I can see two methods.

1.  Build the LFS as normal, then strip symbols, static libs, includes, gcc,
groff, make, auto{conf,make} and so on and so forth.

2.  Build the LFS as normal, then use it to build a new kernel, bash, glibc
and so on.  Just not build gcc etc.  Then remove the glibc and any includes
installed.

I suppose there might be other methods too.  My main use for such a system
would be boot CDs and custom systems for mailservers and firewalls etc.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul