LFS 5.0 is a serious problem

Shane Shields locutus at all.at
Mon Nov 17 06:41:21 PST 2003

"^(o,o)^ Turk2000" <acnrvi at tin.it> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.40.0311170918190.747-100000 at ferocious.c3popov.ru...
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Joel Miller said me 8-)
>
>  #-cheezi -# No, the 4.0 book works fine if you use 4.0
>  #-cheezi -# packages. I took his comment to mean that he was
>  #-cheezi -# using 5.0 stuff with the 4.0 instructions.
>  #-cheezi -# Perhaps I misinterpreted. Sorry for any
>  #-cheezi -# confusion.
> Hallo,
>
>  I have followed LFS 4.1 as a starting point (static linking) and
> LFS 5.0, chapter VI, to start constructing my LFS system (dynamic
> linking). I installed Glibc 2.3.2, Coreutils 5.0, Gcc 3.3.2,
> etc while i used 5.0 stuff.

Your looking for trouble.
Bas arisi gelecek.
--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged a
$25 fee for network traffic and computing time.  By extracting my address
from this message, its header, or any web site showing my email address
either in literal or aggregate form, you agree to these terms.