grub-0.93-debian-pixmap.patch is bad

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Sun Nov 16 03:28:03 PST 2003

On Sunday 16 November 2003 14:18, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> Exactly - we don't want Debian's customized grub, we want a patch that
> enables pixmap support to apply against the stock grub 0.93 sources, and I
> don't have the required programming knowledge to actually backport the
> stuff from the debian tarball to apply to stock 0.93.

After reading the autotools hint, that was easy. Unfortunately, I cannot send
the full patch, including changes to the generated files (like Makefile.in)
due to its size. I attached a version of the patch that does not include
generated files. If you want to generate the full version, do the following:

1) Apply my patch
2) aclocal && autoheader && autoconf && automake (ignore warnings)
3) Rediff
4) Add comments from the top of my patch, excluding the autotools stuff
5) Rename the generated patch to grub-0.93-debian-pixmap-3.patch to avoid
confusion

Note that gcc-3.3 fixes were not included in the patch.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov