grub-0.93-debian-pixmap.patch is bad

Jeremy Utley jeremy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 15 15:15:19 PST 2003

In article <200311151727.42210.semzx at newmail.ru>, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> The patch named grub-0.93-debian-pixmap.patch (of size 87351) that is now
> available from the patches project has very little to do with the splashimage
> support in grub: it merely adds the documentation files, without adding the
> documented functionality. Please remove it until that issue is fixed.
>
> BTW I remember that some discussion took place either on blfs-support or on
> lfs-chat in summer with some splash images sent to it. I can't find that
> discussion now. Can you point me to it?

I had submitted the grub patch, and at the time, it had worked - now it's not.
And, I'm having trouble finding the correct patch now.

Tushar, I know you monitor this list - can you pull the debian pixmap patch
off patches, until I (or someone else) can find the correct patch?  Looking
at resources, it seems Debian included the support into a tarball, and I
hate to submit a diff between debian's tarball and the stock tarball, because
it would include a lot more than the pixmap support.

-J-