glibc install,ch 6

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Sat Nov 15 06:43:02 PST 2003

On Saturday 15 November 2003 15:15, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Hi Allard Welter. You said the following on 11/14/03 23:29:
> > You'll find that some of the packages are unavailable from the links
> > given in the book (grep, groff and some others) If you don't have these
> > sources, check out:
> > http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sorcerer/sources/
>
> All packages from LFS-5.0 are available via various resources, via HTTP,
> FTP, edonkey and wget.
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/packages.html

Fair enough, but if you follow the link from the book for grep-2.5.1 for
example, freshmeat sends you to ftp.gnu.org (as does the grep homepage),
which tells you:
"The following files are not available because their authenticity is
being confirmed.  We expect to have them uploaded Real Soon Now (RSN)."
It took me a while to find "authentic" versions of these packages.

Regards - Allard
allard at quicknet.nl