LFS 5.0 is a serious problem

^(o,o)^ Turk2000 acnrvi at tin.it
Sat Nov 15 07:27:39 PST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Bill's LFS Login said me 8-)

 #-lfsbil -# Not likely to happen. *Many* folks have used the
 #-lfsbil -# new procedures successfully. Maybe if you posted
 #-lfsbil -# some useful information, someone could help you
 #-lfsbil -# past your troubles.

 generally LFS 4.0 it's easy to build and it has less checks to perform.
 LFS 5.0: it's work if and only if i do a cut and paste from /lib on old
 system (built with LFS 4.0) to both /tools/lib and /mnt/lfs/lib, but it
 does not seem a good solution, if not i get:

 /tools/bin/env: no such file or directory
 /tools/bin/bash: no such file or directory
 /tools/bin/gcc: no such file or directory

 and so away when i do chroot... I'm sure to have apply fine the LFS 5.0
 procedures.

 #-lfsbil -#
 #-lfsbil -# Did you consider requesting some help for your
 #-lfsbil -# problem rather than requesting a return to old
 #-lfsbil -# methods? Did tou look at the FAQ to see if your

 IMO the old methods are quick: 18 vs 26 steps.

 #-lfsbil -# problems are mentioned in there? Did you search
 #-lfsbil -# the mailing list archives to see if your
 #-lfsbil -# solution is in past postings? Did you read the
 #-lfsbil -# section in the book about requesting help?

 i have not found a solution throught the FAQ :(
 Thank you.

 Turk