chroot,ch 6

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Sat Nov 15 06:28:24 PST 2003

On Saturday 15 November 2003 15:09, Camilo Pérez Murillo wrote:
> i forgot to tell you, to make shure this variable is define as root....

typing chroot /mnt/lfs /tools/bin env -i etc etc will also do the trick since
this is all root needs to do in Ch5

> apparently you have it, but, when you change to su we don't know if its
> defined...
>
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:03:13 -0600, Camilo Pérez Murillo <seth at thecqgl.com>

$LFS is NOT set in michael's root environment, chroot is trying to go into the
"directory" /tools/bin/env which is a file, hence the message
>>chroot: cannot change root directory to /tools/bin/env: Not a directory
The variable $LFS doesn't need to be set once you've changed root.

Sorry about splitting hairs. I teach physics - I can't help it.

Allard

--
The reply-to address is phony: please use
allard at quicknet.nl