glibc install,ch 6

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Fri Nov 14 15:23:44 PST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Allard Welter wrote:

> On Friday 14 November 2003 21:17, michael wrote:
> > thank you allard,in fact i got a little mad , switched to wagner and erased
> > the whole thing,so for me it's now linux from scratch-from scratch-from
> > scratch-from scratch (4th time around),but it's great education,i'm having

Well, you needn't be too concerned. Anyone with the sensibility to
recognize that Wagner, rather than Bach, is much more appropriate to the
destruction and reconstruction of of the platform, will surely be
successful this time!  :)

> > a wonderful time..i think what i did wrong was to download a few package
> > versions which were not exactly by the book,so now i'm being extra
> > careful..

I suggest Scheherazade (Rimsky-Korsakov) for that phase of the effort.
The "beauty" of the final successful attempt deserves the grandeur and
sweeping range of this composition.

> You'll find that some of the packages are unavailable from the links given in

The music of "Jaws" seems, somehow appropriate here.

> the book (grep, groff and some others) If you don't have these sources, check
> out:
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sorcerer/sources/

And, "Bolero" here, of course.

> Good luck

I know you will succeed this time. Enjoy.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbillATwlmcsDOTcom