glibc install

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Thu Nov 13 15:24:07 PST 2003

On Thursday 13 November 2003 04:18, michael wrote:
> here's what i get when trying to install glibc in ch 6..only a lot of bach
> is getting me through this ;-)

Howdy,

Seems few people about Thursdays. Nothing wrong with Bach ...

It's probably easier to include this inline rather than as attachment

from Michael's attachment:
root:/# cd /sources/glibc-build/
root:/sources/glibc-build# ../glibc-2.3.2/configure --prefix=/usr \
>     --disable-profile --enable-add-ons \
>     --libexecdir=/usr/bin --with-headers=/usr/include
configure: loading cache /dev/null
../glibc-2.3.2/configure: ../glibc-2.3.2/configure:: No such file or directory
checking build system type... \c
Invalid configuration `077': machine `077' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ../glibc-2.3.2/scripts/config.sub 077 failed
root:/sources/glibc-build#

You're in ch6, which means you've been through all this before and if you
followed the instructions, which I'm also assuming since you've got this far
there should be no more hiccups at this stage. Are the >'s in the above a
result of your copying and pasting? If not that's the only thing that strikes
me odd, besides the errors of course which I've never seen before. (If
there's now a file called --disable-profile in your glibc-build directory,
there's your problem.

Allard.

--
The reply-to address is phony: please use
allard at quicknet.nl