LFS 5.0 and USB keyboard/mouse

Ilja Siera sjerra at cinar.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 06:45:27 PST 2003

> Message: 29
> Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:20:31 -0800
> From: Dale Weber <lfs-support at thedynaplex.net>
> Subject: Re: LFS 5.0 and USB keyboard/mouse
> To: LFS Support List <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
>
> On Tuesday 11 November 2003 1:59 am, Ilja Siera wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm not planning to read all the replies to your query, so maybe I'm
saying
> > something that has been said before or totally irrelevant at this stage.
> > But please just see it as a token of help.
>
> I've made a lot of progress since I posted my original query.  You can
find
> out about my progress by reading the rest of the messages and those in my
> success messages.  I won't repeat that here. :D
>
> There is nothing wrong with my hardware as it all works fine with RedHat
9.0
> here.
>
> 8-Dale

Instead of putting up a disparaging reply tone, try looking at the stupid
mistakes you made in previous posts, and just ignore the suggestions I made
if it was really that useless to you -as I even suggested in the mail
myself-.
And if it is such a 'learning experience' for you anyway, why are you
blindly copying your kernel config anyway? Everybody knows that distribution
configs have way to many options enabled in order to meet everybodies
demands with their precompiled kernels. These huge kernels -if not entirely
modulated- make your pc slow down. If you don't have scsi -as example-,
then don't enable it in the kernel.

Ilja