Init script nightmare.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 12 10:08:36 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 04:23, Paul Campbell wrote:
> If you wrote that piece of init script code, you are VERY lucky you were
> hundreds of miles away this morning.  I would have stuff the IEC cable up
> your...

You may blame me. In my defense: these are example scripts and not even
meant for unattended boots. If you don't attend a boot, don't use the
scripts. It really is as simple as that.

Having that said, I agree the bootscripts are in need for an overhaul.
They are old and those 'read' statements seemed a good idea at the time,
but I've since changed my mind about them. We just haven't gotten around
fixing them up yet. It is planned to be done real soon and will appear
on the Roadmap very soon too to fix in one of the upcoming 5.x releases.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org