Where is libdb.so.2?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Tue Nov 11 14:01:02 PST 2003

I've been playing with LFS for a while now and was hoping to set-up houdini
and other tools before my computer died during a lightening storm.

However, I do have an LFS system in my Daughters room to do me until I can get
my system fixed.

I tried installing houdini, but the licencing server fails to start up due to
libdb.so.2 missing. A quick search in Debians package list shows this file
being part of libc6 provided by glibc? Then when I copied this file from my
build host, it now complains that libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 is missing?

Is Debian right that these libs are supposed to be part of glibc, or have they
brought them in from somewhere else and just packaged them with glibc?

I know this is leaning towards BLFS, but if these are part of libc, then that
would make it LFS.

Cheers,

	John Gay