VIA Rhine network card problem

lfs at jrknierim.de lfs at jrknierim.de
Tue Nov 11 05:52:01 PST 2003

Erik Postma <epostma at nl.tue.win> schrieb am 11.11.2003, 13:49:37:
> Is there any way you can go there physically and see what ifconfig says
> after you've booted it?

Hello,

Unfortunately, no.  The server is hosted, so my only chance is through
ssh.  I will try to log ifconfig at the end of the network script.  When
that works, I will post it.  But I did put a "echo "$1" >> /log-file" in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions for success and fail, and I can see that
ifconfig eth0 ... is failing.  I will try to capture a error message or
something.

I have searched online, and it seems many people had problems with the
2.4.22 kernel and this network card. So, i will try a 2.4.21 kernel
(also the same that suse used).  I just think it is strange it will
detect it fine, but a ifup fails.

Thanks,
--
mit freundlichen Grüßen,