[LFS 5.0] Init Scripts

Shane Shields locutus at all.at
Tue Nov 11 01:49:37 PST 2003

"Niek van Balveren" <admin at a130023.upc-a.chello.nl> wrote in message
news:boq6ar$pbk$1 at belgarath.linuxfromscratch.org...
> I've got some problems with inittab, well that's what i think it is. See
the
> problem is that when i boot LFS i get the message that Some Init, like
init
> id 1 is respawning to fast. Well i looked that up in the book and what i
> find out is that it had something to do with inittab. Well that it can't
be.
> I just cut and paste it from the LFS-book. What could possibly be wrong
with
> that?

It means that the program that inittab is calling is crashing or segfaulting
and inittab is trying to restart it. Try to identify the problem program and
then fix/reinstall it. Hint try different run levels and if it is on all of
them it is most probably bash that is the culprit.
--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged a
$25 fee for network traffic and computing time.  By extracting my address
from this message, its header, or any web site showing my email address
either in literal or aggregate form, you agree to these terms.