Segmentation fault problem

Robert R. Russell rrbrussell at cox.net
Mon Nov 10 18:52:51 PST 2003

"Ronald Hummelink" <maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:1068505040.5078.5.camel at natasha.hummelink.xs4all.nl...
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 23:47, Daniel Brewer wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am trying to install LFS 5.  I have installed LFS 3.3,4 and 4.1
> > before with no problem.
> >
> > But now I am having no end of difficulties.  When I try to install
> > gcc-3.3.1 (pass1) in the step:
> > make BOOT_LDFLAGS="-static" bootstrap
> >
> > Every so often I get something like:
> > ../../gcc-3.3.1/gcc/ra-build.c: 3275: internal compiler error:
> > segmentation fault.
> >
> > If I rerun the command it gets a bit further before coming up with
> > something similar
> > e.g. ../../gcc-3.3.1/gcc/real.c:1720: internal compiler error:
> > segmentation fault.
> >
> > Does this sound like a hardware error?  What do you suggest?
> >
> > My base install is Chris Lingard's LFS 4.1 CD but I also get similar
> > errors with Knoppix.  I also got an error with binutils but rerun the
> > command and it compiled fine.
> >
> > I have tried this a number of times and I do not know what why to turn.
> >

> <Ronald> sig11?
> <bugz> sig11 is Segmentation Fault, or Signal 11.  When you get it, go
> here:  www.bitwizard.nl/sig11

How is the systems cooling capacity, my current box was flaky for the first
day or two after installing an operating system, I installed a bay cooling
fan that cost me $19.45US and it hasn't crashed yet even though I am using
optimizations of -O3 and
-march=pentium2 for everything, included binutils, gcc, and glibc, uptime is
currently 2 days.