LFS 5.0 and USB keyboard/mouse

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Sun Nov 9 17:12:54 PST 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 2:33 pm, Bill's LFS Login wrote:

> Hmmm... it's been awhile since I looked at an RH system, but have you
> checked the /etc/sysconfig/* stuff? I have a hunch you'll find the usb
> stuff handled in there. I know they do a lot of stuff in that directory,
> maybe usb too.

	Yes, I have been looking at this also.  However, it seems that RH (as usual)
does things a bit differently than everyone else.  This is another reason I
want to go with an LFS - so I can have my Linux MY way and have stuff
installed without the distribution packages being mucked with as RH and
others do.

> In your other thread, you mentioned you don't have a /proc/usb entry.
> I'm not experienced with that stuff, but this sounds wrong. If the stuff
> is compiled into the kernel and activated (I know some stuff has to have
> a switch set, like "echo '1' >/proc/..."), then directories under /proc
> should just be there.

	There is no entry for mounting the usbfs in /etc/fstab for my RH setup, which
does not mean I don't need it for LFS.

> Have you scoped out the documents under linux-2.4.22/Documentation?
> maybe something with a clue is in there.

	Going there now - I had forgotten there is a lot of good docs there.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.