LFS 5.0 and USB keyboard/mouse

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Sun Nov 9 12:23:35 PST 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 8:58 am, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
> Do you have this, or similar in /etc/fstab?
>
> usbfs  /proc/bus/usb  usbfs defaults  0 0

	Yes, I have had that and other mount points for usbfs in /etc/fstab but I
always get mount error when I try to mount it at /proc/bus/usb because it
says the mount point does not exist.  So, I created a new mount point at
/fs/usb which does seem to work, but still doesn't help my USB mouse and
keyboard work.

> You will also need some kind of bootup script, which I assume/hope you
> have created.

	I have just the boot scripts created while building LFS.  The only additional
software I have built and installed are the usbutils and hotplug packages,
which I had to build from the chroot environment.

	I've been trying to see how RedHat 9.0 gets the USB devices setup at boot
time, but have had no luck there either so far.  I figure I must have to do
something similar for LFS.

	It's kind of maddening, since I know I can boot my LFS to a login prompt, but
just can't type anything.  So close, yet so far still.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.