LFS 5.0 and USB keyboard/mouse

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Sun Nov 9 07:29:14 PST 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 7:12 am, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:

> That's cool.  I'm pointing you at what I had to do to use _any_ usb device
> in LFS, and as a bonus handle devices at plug/unplug time.  I'm not saying
> that is the _right_ thing to do, I'm indicating what worked for me.

	I got and installed the usbutils and hotplug packages, but am still trying to
figure out if I need to do any additional configuration to make this all work
so my LFS will work with my USB keyboard and mouse like my RedHat 9.0 setup
does.

	Obviously I am still missing some critical piece of information and/or
software to bring this all together.  I did look at the hotplug info on
Source Forge, but still have very little idea exactly what it all mean.

	Another problem I am having is the usbfs file system is not getting mounted
under /proc/bus/usb - and I have no entry for usbfs at all in my RH 9.0 setup
so am unsure how this works with respect to LFS.

	I have been searching for information on the web that might help me get all
this setup, but have not had any real success so far.  I suspect there is a
problem with respect to getting the usbfs mounted, but am not sure.  My LFS
boots to a login prompt just fine, so at least it is bootable and -seems-
like it would work if I had use of my USB keyboard.

> Luck, hope you report the results of your research.

	Yes, of course I'll report whatever info I find - especially whenever I am
able to actually get the USB keyboard and mouse to work with LFS.  I want to
give back to the community I have gained so much from over the years. :)

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.