LFS 5.0 and USB keyboard/mouse

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Sun Nov 9 05:55:13 PST 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 1:18 am, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:

> Have a look at:
>
> http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/

	I don't think this is going to help me any.  I see nothing here that tells me
about anything I need to do to make this work.  I'm reasonably sure this info
isn't what I need though.

> I'm not quite sure you are in the right list for this question.

	Well, this does have to do with LFS, and getting something to work with LFS,
so I think I am in the appropriate place. :)

	I realize I no doubt need to do some additional setup to get my USB keyboard
and mouse to work.  I just don't know what I need to do, and need help.  I'm
not sure what I should be looking at to help get my LFS working with my USB
keyboard and mouse.

	Other than this issue, it looks like I have built my LFS correctly, and it
does boot.  Other than the usbfs issue, I believe my LFS will work fine. :)
I have booted it to a login prompt without the usbfs added to my /etc/fstab.

	One other detail - I built my 2.4.22 kernel from the same source tree (copied
directly from my RedHat 9.0 setup).  The only change I made was to remove
ext3 support.  I'm going to rebuild the kernel with my exact RedHat 9.0
config and see if that will work also now, even though I am using ext2 for
all my LFS partitions.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.