Chapter 5 compilation Glibc-2.3.2 gives ld.map: No such file or directory error

Jorrit Nijssen jornica at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 8 14:22:42 PST 2003

Hello,

While following the LFS book version 5, I'm stuck while compiling Glibc-2.3.2. The compilation aborts with:
 ..cannot open linker script file /mnt/lfs/glibc-build/ld.map .

The errormessages shown are identical to the errormessages described in http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2003-September/019495.html except the LFS directory path. I tried to follow the thread, but I'm not sure I understood all the solutions or work-arounds.

Looking  a bith further, I  found a few suggestions:
- I tried a make again...  with the same error (http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2002-April/006220.html).
- I read the Glibc: "ld.map: No such file or directory" FAQ item. However, /dev/null is  present:

$ ls -l /dev/null
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1,  3 aug 22 23:36 /dev/null

Thanks in advance.

Jorrit