A query.. Build LFS for a different target?

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Sat Nov 8 11:00:27 PST 2003

On Saturday 08 November 2003 8:36 am, Ronald Hummelink wrote:

> It is more complicated then that;
> The LFS build method assumes you can RUN the build binaries on the
> builders (host in gcc terms) system.
> If you want to compile a system for $target then you normally cannot run
> the $target binaries so you need to use a different method using a cross
> toolchain.. which is outside the scope of (current) LFS imho :)

	I found what looks like a great primer on cross compiling, by IBM, found at
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wi-zaurus/ which looks to cover
all the necessary details.  This primer is oriented towards the Sharp Zaurus,
but the same basic procedures -should- apply to any cross compiling one may
want to do.

	I haven't gotten too far into this primer yet, but have it bookmarked for
future perusal after I get my LFS build (now in chapter 6, building
core-utils).

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.