What am I wanting to see after make check on glibc.

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Sat Nov 8 09:38:29 PST 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Bill's LFS Login wrote:
>
> > And it *does*. The problem is that the end user is often not (initially)
> > aware that the "specs" do *not* say what should happen with the return
> > code and that leaves the door open for the actual implementation: the
> > alternative pipeline *may* be unexpectedly executed because the second
> > conditional operator test the result of the last executed pipeline,
> > which may have been the command executed as a result of a "true" on the
> > first conditional operator.
> >

> Be careful using the word "pipeline" in this context, Bill. In
> shell-speak, a pipeline is a very different thing (commands connected by
> pipes).

he-he! In the bash man page, IIRC, the sytax indicates "pipeline".
Checking... ah! You're right. I didn't want to say "commands" and chose
pipeline when I should have said either "command" or "list".

So, I've potentially contributed to someone's confusion. <clubat -
memory may be faulty>.

At least I wasn't wrong: list can include pipelines and/or commands.

Thanks for the reminder to watch the terminology though!

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbillATwlmcsDOTcom