What am I wanting to see after make check on glibc.

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Sat Nov 8 09:01:16 PST 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, [iso-8859-1] Jörg W Mittag wrote:

><snip>

> | separated by the operators "&&" and "||" .
> [...]
> | The operators "&&" and "||" shall have equal precedence and shall
> | be evaluated with left associativity. For example, both of the
> | following commands write solely bar to standard output:
> |
> | false && echo foo || echo bar
> | true || echo foo && echo bar

P.S. As a nice example of my "human expectations" issue:

$ false || echo false && echo true
false
true
$

Folks who think in terms of *alternative execution sequences* will be
caught out by this. It is semantically and syntactically correct
execution but "intuitively" *wrong*.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbillATwlmcsDOTcom