Glibc

Ronald Hummelink maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 8 08:24:11 PST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 17:20, Dale Weber wrote:
> On Saturday 08 November 2003 7:15 am, garrett rogers wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   I have downloaded all ofthe files for the LFS system.  But iam confused
> > on the installation of Glibc.  it says that it wants it to installed into a
> > different build directory but i dont konw how to do that. Thanks,
>
> 	I believe what it wants is for you to use a separate build directory, which
> is easy enough.  For my builds, I create a separeate directory called 'build'
> right where I downloaded all my sources.
>
> 	I have:
>
> 	$LFS/opt/sources  <-- Downloaded source tarballs and untarred sources
> 	$LFS/opt/sources/build <-- Where my build directories for packages go
> 	$LFS/opt/sources/build/pkg-name <-- Build directory for given package
>
> 	So, for glibc-2.3.2, I would have $LFS/opt/sources/glibc-2.3.2 for my actual
> source and $LFS/opt/sources/build/glibc-2.3.2 for my build directory.  I
> would cd into $LFS/opt/sources/build/glibc-2.3.2 and then do
> ../../glibc-2.3.2/configure (or whatever the correct configure command is) to
> configure the package, and then do whatever other commands needed to actually
> build it there.
>
> 	It really IS easier than it is to explain. :D  I hope this helps at least
> some. :)

in fact it is as easy as following the book; the book tells you to jump
into the unpacked directory for all packages. then for glibc it starts
out by creating ../glibc-build and then cd ../glibc-build
then it tells you to start ../glibc-2.3.2/configure <options>

So it turns down to FBBG (Follow book, book good)

Ronald

> 	8-Dale
> --
> The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
> Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.
> We support Open Source 100% - running RedHat 9.0!
waiting down the mountain...