Glibc

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Sat Nov 8 08:20:38 PST 2003

On Saturday 08 November 2003 7:15 am, garrett rogers wrote:
> Hello,
>   I have downloaded all ofthe files for the LFS system.  But iam confused
> on the installation of Glibc.  it says that it wants it to installed into a
> different build directory but i dont konw how to do that. Thanks,

	I believe what it wants is for you to use a separate build directory, which
is easy enough.  For my builds, I create a separeate directory called 'build'
right where I downloaded all my sources.

	I have:

	$LFS/opt/sources  <-- Downloaded source tarballs and untarred sources
	$LFS/opt/sources/build <-- Where my build directories for packages go
	$LFS/opt/sources/build/pkg-name <-- Build directory for given package

	So, for glibc-2.3.2, I would have $LFS/opt/sources/glibc-2.3.2 for my actual
source and $LFS/opt/sources/build/glibc-2.3.2 for my build directory.  I
would cd into $LFS/opt/sources/build/glibc-2.3.2 and then do
../../glibc-2.3.2/configure (or whatever the correct configure command is) to
configure the package, and then do whatever other commands needed to actually
build it there.

	It really IS easier than it is to explain. :D  I hope this helps at least
some. :)

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.