A query.. Build LFS for a different target?

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Sat Nov 8 08:10:47 PST 2003

On Saturday 08 November 2003 2:05 am, Ronald Hummelink wrote:

> thats a whole different thing. I do not believe there is a hint about
> it. There is a hint about building a toolchain targetting cygwin/mingw32
> but that is not likely the same as eg sparc64.

	Actually, I didn't mention a specific non-x86 architecture, but am thinking
more along the lines of smaller  embedded processors like the Intel XScale.

	It looks like more research into this is needed, but -seems- like it -should-
be possible to build an LFS from a host system (like x86) for a completely
different target..  I think the way the LFS is built is basically the same
way embedded Linux is built for these processors, but I could be way off base
too.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.