What am I wanting to see after make check on glibc.

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Sat Nov 8 07:43:02 PST 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Pascal J.Bourguignon wrote:
>
> > % true && echo yes || echo no
> > yes
> > % false && echo yes || echo no
> > no
>
> I've never seen that before (obviously). I also can't find anything in
> the bash documentation that states it should work that way, so I'd be
> concerned about relying on it. Can anyone show me where the docs say
> this is expected behavior?

Well, the bash man page does indicate it /in isolation/. IOW, it doesn't
link the two. The important thing to keep in mind is that the last
return code generated from some command is maintained and unaffected by
the "||" and "&&" commands. So, it is implied.

But there are other gotchas when using multiple commands conditional on
an initial return code, even inside braces.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbillATwlmcsDOTcom