A query.. Build LFS for a different target?

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Fri Nov 7 21:23:35 PST 2003

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:55:30 -0800, Dale Weber
<lfs-support at thedynaplex.net> wrote:

> 	As I have been working on building my LFS..  Is it possible to build
> everything such that gcc would compile for a different target system?
> If so,
> could one create an LFS for a different target environment?
>
> 	8-Dale

I suggest you go and look on hints.linuxfromscratch.org as there is a
wonderful hint on cross compiling for x86 platforms. If you intend to
cross compile for an entirely different architecture however (i.e. x86 to
ultrasparc) then this hint will not work for you.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182