Problems with Chapter 5: Installing Binutils-2.14 - Pass 2

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Fri Nov 7 17:40:19 PST 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Fabian Tiefert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I´m installing my first lfs on a 1000Mhz 256 MB Ram and Red Hat 9.0 Host
>   system. Everything went fine until this part of the book.
>
> When I run make, I get the following error:
>
> ./libtool: line 1: cd: ../libiberty/pic: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: cannot determine absolute directory name of
> `../libiberty/pic'
> make[3]: *** [libbfd.la] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-2.14/bfd'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-2.14/bfd'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-2.14/bfd'
> make: *** [all-bfd] Error 2
>
> I have no idea what to do. Thanks for every help,

I don't know the answer, but I have one of those brains that remembers
general things. I seem to recall seeing this specific question before.
That means you should be able to find it using the LFS search facility.
Hmmm.... maybe it's a FAQ too, not sure. Anyway you can chack the FAQ
also, but I know it's in the mailing list archives.

> Fabian

HTH

--
Bill Maltby