More on building glibc..

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Fri Nov 7 13:33:00 PST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Dale Weber wrote:

> On Friday 07 November 2003 12:52 pm, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
> ><snip>

> 	OK, ya got me there. :)  I missed that.  However, glibc-linuxthreads needs to
> be mentioned in the section on obtaining all packages.  If I had already had
> it, I probably would have keyed in on the paragraph that BRIEFLY mentions
> unpacking glibc-linuxthreads into the glibc directory before trying to build
> glibc. ;)

<quote>
All the packages

   Download or otherwise obtain the following packages:
    .
    .
    .
   [333]http://freshmeat.net/projects/gettext/
   Glibc (2.3.2) - 13,064 KB:
   [334]http://freshmeat.net/projects/glibc/
   Glibc-linuxthreads (2.3.2) - 211 KB:
   [335]http://freshmeat.net/projects/glibc/
   Grep (2.5.1) - 545 KB:
   [336]http://freshmeat.net/projects/grep/
   Groff (1.19) - 2,360 KB:
</quote>

Ignore the [...] - that's from the text version. In html, they don't
show up. Notice the 2nd entry.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbillATwlmcsDOTcom