More on building glibc..

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Fri Nov 7 13:32:19 PST 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 1:21 pm, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 22:14, Dale Weber wrote:
> > 	OK, ya got me there. :)  I missed that.  However, glibc-linuxthreads
> > needs to be mentioned in the section on obtaining all packages.  If I had
> > already had it, I probably would have keyed in on the paragraph that
> > BRIEFLY mentions unpacking glibc-linuxthreads into the glibc directory
> > before trying to build glibc. ;)
>
> It is there.

	Yes, it IS there.  I saw that finally. :)  I am just saying that this part of
the glibc build instructions needs to be set apart more so people see it more
easily.  Yes, I was careless in missing this, but it could have been
highlighted better also. ;)

> > 	Am I having too much fun yet? :)
>
> Oh yes >:)

	:D:D  Having FUN with Linux is definitely a GOOD thing. :)  I don't know why
I didn't start an LFS project much sooner. :)

> > 	I'm planning to eventually use an LFS based setup to do deveopment for a
> > robotics project I want to start on soon. :D  Maybe do my own embedded
> > thing with an LFS based setup.
>
> Good luck! ;)

	Thanks much!

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.