On building gcc 3.3.1

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Fri Nov 7 13:20:27 PST 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 1:10 pm, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  The only problem you could see is that all the extra source takes too
> much space during the build (although that is pretty unlikely).  You've
> downloaded the "everything including the kitchen sink" version of gcc.
> The book went for -core- and -g++- to save bandwidth, but I'm not sure
> if we save very much now we're also using the testsuite.

	Ahh, OK, good to hear!  I have a 4 Gig partition where I am doing all my
builds.  I setup an entire multi-partition hierarchy for my LFS, since I plan
to migrate to using this as my primary Linux setup. :)

	I also want to try building a 2.6.x kernel for my LFS after I get the initial
bootable system up and running.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.