More on building glibc..

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Fri Nov 7 13:14:07 PST 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 12:52 pm, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
> Glibc installation
> Before starting to install Glibc, you must cd into the glibc-2.3.2
> directory and unpack Glibc-linuxthreads in that directory, not in the
> directory where you usually unpack all the sources.
>
> see: http://lfs.oregonstate.edu/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/glibc.html

	OK, ya got me there. :)  I missed that.  However, glibc-linuxthreads needs to
be mentioned in the section on obtaining all packages.  If I had already had
it, I probably would have keyed in on the paragraph that BRIEFLY mentions
unpacking glibc-linuxthreads into the glibc directory before trying to build
glibc. ;)

	Maybe that paragraph should be set out from the rest more, so it is
highlighted - anything to make it more likely to be seen since it is such an
important thing. :D  Just a thought to maybe make it easier on those who come
after me to get a good LFS built. :D

	And, don't forget to mention getting glibc-linuxthreads in the obtaining all
packages step also. :D

	Am I having too much fun yet? :)

	I'm planning to eventually use an LFS based setup to do deveopment for a
robotics project I want to start on soon. :D  Maybe do my own embedded thing
with an LFS based setup.

	8-Dale

> Linux is like a small snowball rolling downhill. Microsoft is just
> waiting down the mountain...

	I love this quote, BTW!  I copied it to a file of favorite quotes. :D
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.