On building gcc 3.3.1

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri Nov 7 13:10:15 PST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Dale Weber wrote:

> 	I unpacked the gcc-3.3.1 bundle instead of just the gcc-core-3.3.1 bundle.  I
> built the gcc-3.3.1. Is this going to cause me grief later on?  I ddin't get
> any errors when I built my gcc, so maybe things will be OK?
>
> 	8-Dale

 The only problem you could see is that all the extra source takes too
much space during the build (although that is pretty unlikely).  You've
downloaded the "everything including the kitchen sink" version of gcc.
The book went for -core- and -g++- to save bandwidth, but I'm not sure
if we save very much now we're also using the testsuite.

Ken
--
Will code payroll for food.