More on building glibc..

Ronald Hummelink maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 7 12:52:21 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 21:51, Dale Weber wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2003 12:25 pm, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Dale Weber wrote:
> > > 	Well, it needs to be mentioned IN the BOOK then. :)  This is NOT an
> > > obvious thing and I don't think linuxthreads is mentioned in the chapter
> > > on obtaining the sources - I will double check though as I could very
> > > well have missed this.
> >
> > You did. On the other issue of your headers, I'm an ametuer here, but
> > did you skip the "Installing Linux Headers" step?
>
> 	I installed all the headers that are needed just fine. :)  It was the missing
> glibc-linuxthreads package that was messing me up.  There was no mention of
> having to retrieve this and unpack it in the glibc-2.3.2 directory prior to
> trying to configure and build glibc.  This needs to be added to the section
> on building glibc - I would have not had any problems at all if this had been
> in the glibc section. :D

Its there.

Glibc installation
Before starting to install Glibc, you must cd into the glibc-2.3.2
directory and unpack Glibc-linuxthreads in that directory, not in the
directory where you usually unpack all the sources.

see: http://lfs.oregonstate.edu/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/glibc.html

> 	8-Dale
> --
> The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
> Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.
> We support Open Source 100% - running RedHat 9.0!
waiting down the mountain...