More on building glibc..

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Fri Nov 7 12:51:49 PST 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 12:25 pm, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Dale Weber wrote:
> > 	Well, it needs to be mentioned IN the BOOK then. :)  This is NOT an
> > obvious thing and I don't think linuxthreads is mentioned in the chapter
> > on obtaining the sources - I will double check though as I could very
> > well have missed this.
>
> You did. On the other issue of your headers, I'm an ametuer here, but
> did you skip the "Installing Linux Headers" step?

	I installed all the headers that are needed just fine. :)  It was the missing
glibc-linuxthreads package that was messing me up.  There was no mention of
having to retrieve this and unpack it in the glibc-2.3.2 directory prior to
trying to configure and build glibc.  This needs to be added to the section
on building glibc - I would have not had any problems at all if this had been
in the glibc section. :D

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.