More on building glibc..

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Fri Nov 7 11:49:47 PST 2003

	OK, here are the latest messages I am getting when I try to build glibc,
after pointing configure at the kernel headers for my kernel:

*** On GNU/Linux systems it is normal to compile GNU libc with the
*** `linuxthreads' add-on.  Without that, the library will be
*** incompatible with normal GNU/Linux systems.
*** If you really mean to not use this add-on, run configure again
*** using the extra parameter `--disable-sanity-checks'.

	I am unsure as to whether I should disable the sanity checks or not, so would
appreciate advice.

	I will try it and see what happens.  I thought LFS already included the
linuxthreads.  OR, is this something I have to have installed on my RedHat 9
setup in order to continue?  I'm a little cornfuzzled here. :)  OK, maybe a
lot.. :D

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.