Problems building glibc

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Fri Nov 7 11:23:12 PST 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 11:10 am, Ronald Hummelink wrote:

> LFS doesn't use the hosts kernel headers. Redhat 9 will work fine from
> own experience as well.

> You do not mention which chapter you are, but i suspect chapter 5.
> What I think either the copying or one of the make steps before copying
> the kernel headers went wrong some way. have you repeated that step
> carefully?
> The error tells you to check on version.h; I suggest you take a peek
> there :)

	Yes, I am in Chapter 5 - already successfully built and installed binutils
and gcc.  I have backtracked and repeated all steps for building glibc,
without any luck.

	If I new what to check on version.h, I would.  I have followed all the steps
exactly as laid out in the book in chapter 5.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.