Problems building glibc

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Fri Nov 7 11:19:34 PST 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 11:23 am, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:
> * Dale Weber <lfs-support at thedynaplex.net> [03-1107 18:51]:
> > 	Everything has gone great until I tried to build glibc.  I am getting
> > the following messages after I followed the instuctions (or so I thought)
> > for installing the kernel 2.4.22 header files.
>
> Without knowing red hat, I'd suspect it doesn't install the kernel
> headers, or at least not in the usual place. I'd look for an rpm
> called "devel-kernel-headers" or similar, or else try to find exactly
> where red hat puts them. One other thing you can try is install the
> headers as per the LFS instructions in a dummy directory, like
> /opt/kheaders, and then point glibc there.

	I have not installed the kernel headers from the RedHat distribution.  I am
using a distribution 2.4.22 kernel that I unpacked into $LFS/opt/sources
where I have unpacked all my LFS sources.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.