Problems building glibc

Dale Weber lfs-support at thedynaplex.net
Fri Nov 7 08:56:12 PST 2003

	Hi,

	I just embarked on building an LFS, and it's already proving to be a very
good learning experience.  My host distribution is RedHat 9, and I have setup
a complete partition setup just for my LFS, that mimics the setup I have for
RedHat 9.

	Everything has gone great until I tried to build glibc.  I am getting the
following messages after I followed the instuctions (or so I thought) for
installing the kernel 2.4.22 header files.

checking size of long double... 12
running configure fragment for ../../glibc-2.3.2/sysdeps/i386/elf
running configure fragment for ../../glibc-2.3.2/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
checking for egrep... (cached) grep -E
checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
/usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later.  This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header
files.  To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
configure option --with-headers=$LFS/opt/sources/linux keyword without luck
also.

	I did not see anything specific I should do to point the configure script at
my kernel, but did try using the --with-header=$LFS/opt/sources/linux-2.4.22
with no luck also.

	Any ideas what is wrong here?  I am using the v5.0 LFS book to build my LFS
and everything has gone fine until now.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.net
Charter Member of The Center for Intelligent Quoting.