Lfs5 ch5 coreutils error

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 6 17:48:28 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 15:50, John Toews wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a problem running the 'make RUN_EXPENSIVE_TESTS=yes check'
> command during the chapter 5 step using Coreutils 5.0. (note that make
> check runs fine)
>
> Note I am no Linux expert. I didn't seem to encounter any unexpected
> errors in my earlier builds using LFS as a guide. I am running debian
> 3.0 as the host on a p3 500. I am wondering if the error is simply that
> the partition doesn't have 4gb free? (it is a 3gb partition)

You shouldn't need to actually have 4 GB available. I believe the test
just checks if your system will support files that large.

What kernel version is running? What file system is the LFS system being
built on?

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

// Linux Consultant --- OSDN / DevChannel

// If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem