LFS 5.0 - pre 3

Kevin Alm kevinalm at shenessex.heartland.net
Wed Nov 5 22:52:24 PST 2003

I recently finished LFS5.0-pre3 and am starting BLFS. The sources and
patches seem well integrated. No major bugs. Two minor things.

1. When describing symlinks to be made, it might be helpful to describe
them more clearly. Ie, ln -s /path/to/target /path/to/linkname . Copy
and pasting the text to the command line works fine though.

2. After logging in at boot, the console is left in a abnormal state due
to reserving room at the top of the screen for the penguin graphic. This
causes man, less, and probably other programs to malfunction. Alt Fn and
back clears this, as will reset . Clear  won't. I finally resolved this
by putting a one line shell script (reset -Q) in init.d and calling it
through the init runlevel system.

These were very minor. All in all, well done to the developement team. :)