expect -c "spawn ls" unexpected message

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Tue Nov 4 16:30:42 PST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:38:46AM -0200, fabiosilva wrote:
> On topic Installing GCC-3.3.1 - Pass 2,  before I mount the $LFS
> partition, if I do the command expect -c "spawn ls" the answer on the
> terminal is "spawn ls".
>
> Now, when I mount the partition $LFS and I do the same command within
> /tools/bin, the answer is:
>
> >./expect: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version `GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found
> >(required by /tools/lib/libdl.so.2)
> >./expect: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version `GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found
> >(required by /tools/lib/libc.so.6)

This means the "expect" program did not link against the glibc you installed
into /tools. This suggests that the "Locking in" of Glibc in Ch 5 didn't
happen.

This probably also means you didn't perform the sanity check that is part of
the "Locking in" Glibc in Ch 5.

If I were you, I'd start again, from scratch :-(

ps - be sure to follow all the steps, exactly, and heed all the warnings
and sanity checks.