extra error from gcc-2.3.1 tests

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Nov 3 15:27:23 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 10:40:40PM +0100, Allard wrote:
> The failed gcc.c-torture/unsorted/set386.c, -O0 wasn't there after pass2 of
> chapter 5. Do I need to worry? Since I never really compile with -O0 I'd like
> to ignore this, on the other hand ... the test in question caused a kernel
> oops pasted below.

I wouldn't worry about the failed test. But I would worry about the kernel
oops, but that is completely orthagonal to the test failure. Any time your
kernel oop's, you should be concerned. If it's repeatable and you care
enough, consider sending a bug report to the makers of the host distro (if
it's a distro kernel) or to LKML. Hopefully, once you boot into your
new LFS with an LFS compiled kernel, yuo won't have any problems.